When troubleshooting some technical issues, our Technical Support team may request a backup file of your eSignal program. If you are running eSignal version 12.x or version 21.x, you can create these backup files and upload them to FileShare, a built-in utility for eSignal, to provide the Technical Support team with a download link for that backup file.
Note: eSignal Technical Support is unable to accept Google Drive, One Drive, or Dropbox links for uploading eSignal program files and sharing them with us. If you are unable to use FileShare to provide us with the files, you will be required to attach them to your Email if possible, or if they are too big to upload to your Email, compress them into a Zip file and attach the file to your Email instead.
- Creating the Backup File
- Uploading the Backup File to FileShare
- Sharing the Backup File with Technical Support via FileShare
Creating the Backup File
Creating backup files in eSignal is a fairly straightforward and simple process in eSignal 12.x and 21.x. However, please note that QCharts and eSignal 10.6 do not have the Backup utility built into them, and as such, you will need to instead upload your workspace files or page files to your Email and share them with us that way. To create the backup file, follow these steps:
- Within eSignal, click the Main Menu icon in the top left-hand corner.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Backup..."
- In the "Create Backup" window that appears, click the "..." Icon.
- In the "Select Backup File" window that appears, choose where you want to store the backup file (keep this location in mind as we will need to navigate there later to upload the file to the FileShare), and click "Save".
- In the "Create Backup" window, click the "Backup" button to start the backup.
- Once the backup is finished, click "Close".
Uploading the Backup File to FileShare
Once the Backup File is created, you then need to upload it to FileShare so the link can be shared with our Technical Support team. If you have not already set up your FileShare account, please refer to the following article located here on how to do so. Once you have an account created, follow these steps:
- In the main eSignal Toolbar, click "Tools".
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click "FileShare".
- Once the FileShare window opens, click "Upload" in the FileShare toolbar.
- In the "Please choose a file" window that appears, navigate to the location you saved the Backup File, and click on it to select it.
- Click "Open" to start the upload.
- Once the upload finishes, and the file appears in FileShare, you are done and have successfully uploaded the Backup File to FileShare! Keep the FileShare window open for the next part.
Sharing the Backup File with Technical Support via FileShare
Now that the Backup File is uploaded to FileShare, we just need to create the download link for it and Email it to Technical Support. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the FileShare window, click on the Backup File you uploaded to select it.
- In the FileShare Toolbar at the top, click "Create Link".
- Once the link is created (you will see a link icon appear under the "Link" column) click on the link icon to show the FileShare link.
- Click "Download Link" to copy the FileShare link to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into your Email to our Technical Support team.
Note: If you do not have a case yet with our Technical Support team, and want to Email us a backup file to investigate into, you can email it to RetailTechnicalSupport@theice.com and our system will automatically generate a new case for you.