To modify eSignal's appearance, first open the Appearance menu by doing the following:
- Open the Main Menu in the top left-hand corner of eSignal (it looks like three horizontal lines).
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select "Application Properties" (it should be towards the bottom of the menu).
- Once the Application Properties window opens, ensure the "Appearance" tab is selected.
In the Appearance menu, you will see the following settings:
This allows you to customize the overall look and color of the application. There are currently only two color themes available: Graphite (Dark Mode) and Frost (Light Mode).
Should you find the text either too large or too small for your liking or for the screen you are using eSignal on, you can globally adjust text size by changing this setting. The options are: Tiny, Small, Normal, Large, and Extra Large. Keep in mind you can also adjust text size on most windows in eSignal, including making it bold.
With eSignal, you can either resize the windows yourself or let eSignal automatically resize them to fit the space allotted within the program. The options available are Docked, Standard with AutoSize, and Standard (discussed further in Section 2.2).
Column Resize Mode
These settings configure the way any list of symbols works within eSignal, be it with the Watch List window, Hot Lists, or any other window that displays a list of symbols and details about them. Your options are as follows:
- Standard - The columns within the window displaying the list of symbols, must all fit within the viewable area. Resizing the window will automatically resize the columns to ensure they all fit within the viewable area.
- Scroll - The columns within the window displaying the list of symbols, are able to extend outside the viewable area. Resizing the window does not automatically resize the columns, and a scroll bar may appear at the bottom of the window to allow you to scroll left and right to view all the columns in the window, if they extend beyond the viewable area.