eSignal allows you to create keyboard shortcuts for many of the commands and menu items used in eSignal, making quick work of accessing frequently used functions and windows. To open the keyboard customization menu:
- In the main Toolbar at the top of eSignal, click on "Options".
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click "Customize Keyboard..."
- You should now see the "Customize Keyboard" window appear on-screen.
The main things to note in this window are as follows:
- In the top left-hand area of the Customize Keyboard window, you will see the text "Enter command name"; this allows you to quickly search for whatever command you need to set up a keyboard shortcut for. Keep in mind, commands may not be named what you would think them to be named, so it may help to search for similar words, like how "Exit" may be "Close" or "Quit" instead.
- In the top right-hand area of the window, you will see a drop-down menu. This menu allows you to narrow down your search for a specific command by allowing you to filter the commands based on what they are used for (such as if it relates to a Chart, or Watch List).
- The main area in the middle of the window shows you the name of the command, and its corresponding key combination to activate it. To change the key combination for the command, highlight the command in the list, click in the field next to where it says "Add Shortcut Key", enter your key combination, and click the "+" icon to set the command to that Key Combination. If the Keyboard Combination is already being used by another command, an error message stating what command is using it will appear.
- At the bottom of the window is shortcuts to the Order Designer, the Favorites (for favorite symbols, intervals, and symbol-interval combinations), as well as options to restore the selected command to its original keyboard combination, all commands to their originals, or to close the window if you are finished.