eSignal wants to enable users to stay up-to-date on the latest News about the Equities you are following, and as such, have provided a convenient News window you can use to pull the latest headlines and articles from across the web, all in one convenient location.
To open the News window:
- In the main toolbar at the top of eSignal, click "New".
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click "News".
- You should now see a News window appear on screen.
With the News window you can:
Enable Symbol Linking
To enable Symbol Linking so that your news window automatically pulls up relevant articles for the symbol you are looking at in your other windows, simply click the Oval in the top left-hand corner of the News window, and set it to the same color as the other windows you want to link it to.
Search For A Symbol
To manually search for a symbol, click in the first drop-down menu, clear out any preexisting symbol in this menu, and start typing the new symbol you are looking for. Once you have typed the symbol in, hit "Enter" on your keyboard to begin the search; it should then pull up any relevant articles for the symbol you entered.
- Alternatively, you can also use the drop-down menu to quickly pull up any symbols you have configured as favorites. To manage the favorites list, click the three horizontal lines located next to the drop-down menu for the symbol, and choose "Manage Favorites List".
- To see all news, click the "v" in the drop-down menu and choose "All Symbols" from the list.
Filter By Subscribed News Services
You can also filter your News window by what services you are subscribed to. To do so, click the second drop-down menu, and choose which news services you want to see articles from.
Filter By Criteria
To filter news articles by criteria, click the funnel icon to display the filter options. Configure the settings as you would like, and click the arrow "->" button to apply the filter.
- This filter allows you to search by category, such as Commodities, Oil, General News, and more.
- You can also specify how many days back you would like to search, and/or by how many previous headlines.
Search For Words Or Phrases
To search through the articles for specific keywords, you can click the marker icon, specify what word or words you are looking for, and then choose how you want those words highlighted.
- You can also filter this search further by clicking the "+" button to add additional keywords to look for within the articles that match the main keywords.
To open articles within the News window, simply double-click on one of the headlines and a window should pop up showing you the article.