how do i apply the auto trend channel study?
to apply this study to a chart, left-click on the get icon and select get moving average from the drop-down menu.
alternatively, you can also right-click on the chart, when the menu appears, left-click on insert study, left-click on the advanced get tab and then
the get auto gann study will then appear on the chart.
Band Two %: Adjusts where, in relation to the price scale, the second Moving Average (Band) gets displayed. When Band Two is set to 0 (the default setting), only one moving average will be displayed. Increasing this number will draw a second Moving Average (Band) and move the Moving Average up on the price scale, and decreasing this number will move the second Moving Average (Band) down the price scale.
Adjusting: When checked, secondary lines (MA Opt1 and MA Opt2) will be displayed above or below the bands whenever the odds favor the price penetrating the bands.
Exponential: When checked, the Moving Average will be calculated exponentially.
• High: The Moving Average will be calculated using the highs of the bars.
• Low: The Moving Average will be calculated using the lows of the bars.
• Close: The Moving Average will be calculated using the closing prices of the bars.
• (H+L)/2: The Moving Average will be calculated by using the value derived from adding the highs with the lows and dividing by 2.
• (H+L+C)/3: The Moving Average will be calculated by using the value derived from adding the highs with the lows with the close and dividing by 3.
• (O+H+L+C)/4: The Moving Average will be calculated by using the value derived from adding the opens with the highs with the lows and dividing
Color: Changes the color of the Moving Average line.
Normal: Adjusts the Band One and Band Two settings to make them intersect as many high and low points on the chart as possible.
Aggressive: Adjusts the Band One and Band Two settings in a similar way to the Normal setting, but the steeper trends will be emphasized.
DMA: Changes the Moving Average to an optimized DMA (Displaced Moving Average) based on the number of Pivots selected.
Pivots: Adjusts the number of Primary and Major Pivots used to calculate the best Length and Offset for the DMA.
Auto Reactivate: When checked, the alert will reactivate so it can be triggered again.
Once per Bar: When checked, the alert will not trigger again until the price bar forms.
Alert Action: When an alert is triggered you can choose the method for how you wish to be alerted. Settings include a pop up alert, an audio alert (custom wav file can be set), and if configured, an e-mail alert message.