QCharts - Windows Compatibility
QCharts is compatible with the Windows Vista or newer operating systems. There are a few settings such as the Windows Firewall and User Account Control (UAC) that must first be configured in order for all the QCharts components to properly function. This involves running QCharts and the Data Manager in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode as described below.
1) Close QCharts and the eSignal Data Manager
2) From the desktop, right-click the QCharts icon and select open file location.
3) Right-click QCharts and left-click on Properties.
4) On the following screen, select change settings for all users, put a check next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and make sure Windows XP (Service Pack 3) is selected in the drop down menu. Also, put a check next to Run this program as an administrator
5) Locate the file called Winros.exe, and right-click on it. In the right click menu select Properties.
6) Repeat step #4 for this Window.
After the above steps are taken, QCharts and the eSignal Data Manager will be allowed to read and write the configuration files in the correct location.